Albert Soued et www.nuitdorient.com – No. 197 – August 23, 2017
– with important links at the end –
Palestinian Authority (PA)
- Dan Polisar of Shalem College reviewed 4000 opinion polls conducted since 2000 among Palestinians. He found three ideas that stand out about Israel: lack of historical or religious justification, inherently aggressive nature and short-term demise. But this pattern is changing. An opinion poll conducted under the direction of David Pollock of the Washington Institute and implemented by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion among 1540 Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem shows that 12% of West Bankers and 25% of Gazans say their priority is " establish a Palestinian state », whereas for respectively 49% and 40% of them, the priority was to have quality family life »
Furthermore, job prospects in Israel are viewed favorably by 63% and 67%. In addition, 60% and 46% agree with this statement: “ Most Israeli settlers are likely to stay where they are and most Palestinian refugees will not return to pre-1948 territories » and on the other hand, 41% and 51% say they would accept additional help « to resettle Palestinian refugees in the West Bank or Gaza but not in Israel »
Two answers show that the existence of an Israeli state is far more acceptable than that of the Jewish people. While 75% and 62% definitively consent to the end of the war against Israel and the creation of a Palestine within the 1949 borders, only 45% and 37% accept the idea of " two states for two peoples – the Palestinian people and the Jewish people…if that can help end the occupation – Very few accept that “ Jews exercise certain rights on this land and large majorities insist that, " one day the Palestinians will control almost all of Palestine »
When asked whether Hamas should maintain the ceasefire with Israel, the 55% and 80% of favorable responses show the impact that the many warlike episodes have had on the population of Gaza.
With regard to relations with the United States, pressure exerted on Israel for concessions are not the priority of the Palestinians. For the inhabitants of the West Bank, the priority idea lies in the American pressure on the PA to make it " more democratic and less corrupt ". For Gazans, the priority is " more economic aid ».
– ImageSat claims to have spotted the construction of a long-range Scud missile factory in Baniyas, south of Latakia, probably under the aegis of Iran.
– Two Russian army companies made up of Ingush troops from the North of the Caucasus have set up a command post in the village of Tal al-Shahm, 13 km from the border with Israel. Its commander, Colonel Alexei Kozin, has the mission of setting up ten checkpoints all along this border.
This border area is designed as one of the four de-escalation zones that were agreed between Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin during their meeting in Hamburg. According to the agreement, the UN Separation and Observation Force (UNDOF) will return to its base in Fawar, opposite Quneitra, to act as a buffer between the Tsahal and the Russian forces. But the known history of this "force" in this role between the IDF and the Syrian forces leaves something to be desired (and in Lebanon it is even worse).
The instruction was that the Russian troops put an end to the fighting in Souweida, 70 km east of Qouneitra and proceed to the withdrawal of the fighting forces: the Syrian army, Iran and its auxiliary Shiite militias, including Hezbollah, at a distance of 40 km from the border. But a month later, the Syrian army and Hezbollah launched a major two-pronged offensive and forced local rebel forces, including the Jordanian-backed Jaish al-Ashair, to retreat and seized 57 kms from the border of southern Syria with the Hashemite kingdom. This offensive violates the ceasefire agreement on the so-called deconfliction zone in southern Syria. The Syrian rebel groups, backed by the United States and Jordan, fled, in a rout and without firing a single shot, and went to the Syrian regime camp, handing over their weapons provided by the United States. to the fighters of the Syrian army and the terrorist Hezbollah.
The Souweida episode demonstrates how the alliance between Syria, Iran and Hezbollah is digging its furrow by exploiting the smokescreen of the ceasefire zones drawn by Trump and Putin as a wide open door in order to take control of southern Syria and seize the Jordanian and Israeli borders (source Debka).
Analysts are already asking the question of the future of the Hashemite kingdom, an artificial state created by the British to compensate the Emir Faisal for the loss of his stronghold of Hejaz (Medina and Mecca) in favor of the Saudis of Najd. Will he survive this period of chaos in the Middle East and are there other solutions? A military junta of local Bedouins could take power. A civil war could divide the territory into a Palestinian state in the northwest and a Bedouin state in the south.
In fact, the Palestinian population, which took refuge in "Transjordan" in 1948, represents at least 60% of the whole, and does not feel bound by the peace agreement signed by King Hussein with Israel. Its elites and their associations, doctors, engineers, lawyers, professors etc. boycott Israel and refuse any relationship with their Israeli neighbors. And if King Abdallah is one day eliminated and replaced by a Palestinian leader, we can expect a breakdown of the peace agreements and greater instability.
The king's presidential guard is made up of Caucasians, and the police, army and intelligence services recruit only Bedouins or foreigners. But the economic lifeblood of the country, agriculture, industry, trade, media and culture, is Palestinian.
In the 1994 treaty with King Hussein, Israel granted him rights to the Temple Mount, Judaism's holiest site, because the Hashemite ruler was adamantly opposed to a Palestinian state. This is no longer the case of his son, Abdallah II, in favor of a Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria, a state which would inevitably be governed by Hamas, with the consequent risks for the Jewish state. With Abdallah II, Jordanian-Israeli relations are tense because of the contradictions in the objectives, in particular on the question of the Palestinians whom the king wants to get rid of by sending them to the west of the Jordan...
The Taliban are strengthening in the country despite the American intervention. The United States cannot afford a transfer to this country of the Islamic State (IS) defeated in Syria and Iraq and the consequent reinforcement of the Islamists in Pakistan, a nuclear state, and the capture of Islamabad. This region is becoming "volatile" again and ex-ambassador John Bolton, adviser to President Trump, recommends defining a new strategy for this region that would strengthen and help local armies, rather than a direct re-engagement of American troops.
– After the events of the Temple Mount, certain precisions are necessary, to correct fabrications as for the sanctity of the mosque of al Aqsa.
On the esplanade of the Temple of Jerusalem, destroyed in 70 by Titus, two mosques were built, the al-Aqsa mosque and dome of the rock (Mosque of Omar). This last monument, the most visible with its golden dome, houses the Foundation Rock, site, according to Jewish tradition, of the Isaac's ligature and, according to a Muslim tradition, of the departure of Muhammad during his night journey. It was built by the Omayads, during the reign ofAbd al-Malik, in 688/91, on the ruins of the Temple of Herod, in order to taunt the rulers of Mecca and establish their authority vis-à-vis Christianity. This mosque has kept its original shape and is the only one that Islam can claim as sacred, despite the fact that the Koran does not mention the name of Jerusalem explicitly as the place of destination of the flying horse Buraq, carrying Muhammad on his dream journey. [
Towards the beginning of XNUMXth century, al-Aqsa mosque (so-called distant mosque) was built, but it suffered many destructions and its last major reconstruction dates from XNUMXth century. This mosque has no centrality and no relation to the Koran. But gradually the various Muslim occupants "magnified" it to remove the two other religions from Jerusalem.
– Both the Shiites and the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood are looking for a new place of pilgrimage, an alternative to Mecca, where they are received according to the Wahabi rules of the “Saudi” who do not suit them. The pilgrimage to Mecca is one of the 5 pillars of the Muslim faith and every Muslim is required to pilgrimage there at least once in his life. In 2016, to avoid unrest in Mecca, the Shiites pilgrimaged to Karbala (Iraq), the holy city of the Shiah. As an alternative place, the Palestinians are now urging them to come to Jerusalem…
In 2012, the head of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo, Safwat Higazi, proclaimed: the capital of a caliphate which would unite all the Arabs is neither Mecca, nor Medina, nor Cairo, but Jerusalem!… ”
In 2014, Sheikh Raad Salah, leader of the Islamist movement's northern branch, now in prison, said he intended to bring water from the Zamzam spring in Mecca, which he would pour into the Temple Mount cistern, to sanctify the Al Aqsa Mosque, in the image of the sanctity of Mecca.
– Neuropsychiatrist Boris Cyrulnik believes that Islamist terrorists are deliberately shaped according to a mechanism identical to that which led to the Nazi regime. They are not madmen, nor monsters. They are normal, distressed children, intentionally shaped by a minority who want to take power. These children are abandoned, in psychosocial and educational difficulty, and they should first be educated. They are through social networks which are a weapon to shape these young people. Internet conveys an easy representation of reality, a lazy thought at the origin of all totalitarian theories. With a minority of men trained, paid and armed, manipulated and fabricated, a civilization can be destroyed. It has been done. The Inquisition and Nazism did. Freud said words designate things at the beginning, then things that aren't there and that's the function of the symbol, and finally they end up no longer designating anything real. At that moment, we submit to a slogan. When a culture does not allow meeting and debate, we are prey and Internet multiplies the power of these manipulators.
- According the study of Muslims in France, carried out by the Institut Montaigne under the direction of Hakim El Karoui, 28% of Muslims would be fans of the "sharia'h", the politico-social code of Islam, which prevails over the laws of the Republic. Similarly, 60% of respondents believe that girls should be able to wear the veil at school and 48% believe that people should be able to assert their religious identity at work.
– Between the attacks of 11/9 and the end of 2016, there have been 62 actions by white “supremacists” resulting in 106 victims and 23 Islamist attacks causing 119 victims.
– According to Pr. Louis-René Beres, professor at Purdue University (Indiana), specialist in terrorism and nuclear issues, the possibility of the creation of a Palestinian state would constitute a real threat to the existence of the State of Israel, "much more than the outbreak of a third Intifada or the continuation of terrorism at its current level ". He predicts that the presence of such a state would increase the number of attacks and even risk provoking a regional nuclear war in the long term.
– According to the director of the Center for Intelligence and Security, William Evanina, under the presidency of Obama, China would have succeeded in stealing from the American economy, half a trillion $ / year (400 billion $ in 2015), in intellectual property, particularly in technologies related to cyber-espionage. These values are extrapolated from reports of 140 companies working with China. In addition, 90% of the cybernetic attacks suffered come from China.
Tsedek Info from Israel N° 125 PPPPP No. 197 Latest Published Articles
«Islam Seems to Be on a Suicidal Slope» - The philosopher reacts to the Islamist attacks that took place in Spain. The multiplication of attacks throughout Europe shows that it is pointless to try to attribute radicalization to economic or social causes. Faced with Islamist cancer, the long-term response must be cultural and theological. www.nuitdorient.com/n3497.htm
Kurdistan, a Bulwark against Turkish-Iranian Interference - Last week, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told a delegation of 33 Republican members of Congress that he supports the creation of an independent Kurdish state in what is still considered northern Iraq today. . www.nuitdorient.com/n22a446.htm
Who are the Jews? One of the Oldest Indigenous Peoples in the World - The smear campaign carried out by the said Palestinians led them to demand the cancellation of the "Balfour Declaration", as part of a policy denying the Jews the right to a national home as the indigenous people of the region.
Making the Desert Bloom is a Feat that Israel is the Only one to Do in the Middle East! - With its advanced technologies and its strong production of knowledge on desert environments, Israel ranks first among the countries that have succeeded in making the desert flourish. www.nuitdorient.com/n3355.htm
Ex-ISIS Captive Calls Israel a Symbol of Hope for Yazidis - Less than five years ago, Nadia Murad Basee Taha was a normal teenager living in the village of Kocho, in the Sinjar region of Iraq. But her life changed forever when, in August 2014, she was captured by the Islamic State terrorist group and sold as a sex slave, along with thousands of other Yazidi women and girls. www.nuitdorient.com/n22a445.htm
You Really Think You Know Who The Palestinians Are? You will be surprised - This study suggests that Palestinian Arabs would do well to define themselves constructively instead of improvising www.nuitdorient.com/n21158.htm
Open letter to Dominique de Villepin - Mr. de Villepin, I have never been Minister for France and I no longer even live in France because, like thousands of Jews, I felt obliged to go into exile because of too frequent remarks bordering on anti-Semitism, similar to the one you had the "good taste" to publish recently in Figarovox. www.nuitdorient.com/n1281.htm
Who Really Are the Palestinians? - This study does not deny the right of Palestinian families and tribes to define themselves as belonging to the Palestinian people.
However, in light of the systematic attempts to rewrite the millennial history of our region, and to deny any connection between the Jewish people and the Land of Israel, it was high time to restore historical truth so that the Palestinian leaders cease their false campaign and finally choose a positive and constructive narrative. www.nuitdorient.com/n21157.htm
The Company is in a Long Restructuring Phase – I asked my granddaughters in their late teens what they thought of the society in which they lived. Unanimously, they told me about the absence of solidarity and the dominant individualism. www.nuitdorient.com/n3784.htm
Reinventing the Jewish Nation - «There are Jews in every city, so much so that it is difficult to find an inhabited place on this earth that does not have members of this tribe.. It was in these terms that the Greek strategist Strabo shared his thoughts 2 years ago, at the end of a journey that had taken him from Ethiopia to Tuscany and from Armenia to Rome. . www.nuitdorient.com/n24150.htm
What's Behind the Outbreak of Violence in Jerusalem? - The latest outbreak of violence in Jerusalem does not seem in any way spontaneous. Everything suggests that it is part of a precise timetable with clear objectives where nothing has been left to chance, in order to compromise the rapprochement between the State Hebrew and moderate Sunni countries. www.nuitdorient.com/n1198.htm
Can we speak of Palestinian “refugees”?_ – The UN must treat all refugees in the world equally, including “Palestinian refugees” and review the role of UNRWA. www.nuitdorient.com/n1534.htm
A New Trump Era in the Middle East? - If the West really seeks to pacify the Middle East and to become more credible there, it should abandon its illusions and no longer wish for reality. He should think about the following facts that are hard to dodge for too long. www.nuidorient.com/n28161.htm